Monday, September 21, 2009

Time Warp-What I should have posted in July



I have been quite lax about posting here so now I'm going to try to catch up...
For the past couple of years I've spent the 4th of July with the Island Pond Spinners at Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth NH http://www.strawberybanke.org/ The program on the 4th is great fun, a really great place to spend the 4th. They start out with a naturalization ceremony, gives you a warm feeling to see people become Americans on our country's birthday. Could have sworn I had a photo of the other spinners but guess I missed that one.

I did get a photo, unflattering though it may be, of one of the costumed interpreters portraying the 1940s. Other's in costume were a Rosie the Riveter look alike and kids in 50's garb playing hula hoop.


And of course my friends Dot and Lee Fisher, AKA Dr and Mrs Jackson and "daughter".




Always fun to meet up with is my favorite basket
maker, Fred Lawson of Wicker'd Good Baskets http://www.wickerdgoodbaskets.com/contact.php

I got home around 6 and as promised my wonderful neighbor Lisa had saved me a dish from their cookout. The concert preceding the fireworks looked lame so instead I parked by the golf course and watched the fireworks from there. All in all a great 4th.


No comments:

Post a Comment