Sunday, January 31, 2010

RIP Frack




Frack and his sister Frick came to me as kittens, trapped as part of a local feral colony. They were older when I got them and did not want to become tame. Frack never did get used to human interaction. He would beg for food but was afraid to get too near and lost out on many a treat that landed close to where I was sitting. He liked his buddy cat Sam and would occasionally sleep with one of the others but his favorite place was behind the sofa which is where he liked me to leave his snacks. He had been pretty healthy but took a sudden turn Sunday afternoon. There was little the vet could do so I sent him gently to the Rainbow Bridge to be with his buddy Sam. One thing I am greatful for is that after he passed I was able to hold him for the very first time. I wish he had let me do that in life. I'll miss you my handsome boy.
Frick and Frack in 2000


No comments:

Post a Comment